Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Then You Came ...

It was an extraordinary day for me. There was a lot going on. Excited, anxious, scared, rattled ... all sorts of feelings all rolled into one. I was focused to do a different task that day. Then I saw you for the first time...

Until now, I can still imagine our first meeting. How vividly I can picture your facial reaction, your expressions, the way you talked, and the way you moved.

I watched in amazement on how you go about a typical day. How you easily breeze from one thing to another. You talked eloquently, your every move with precision... your ideas shooting up from different directions. I then started to admire you from afar. Not knowing that one day, i will fall head over heels in love with you.

No wait... i don't want to fall that easily. But it's too hard to control it. I didn't want to confuse admiration with something else. How can someone like you even look my way? I was a nobody.

My friends even told me, "having her is next to impossible". I knew they were telling the truth. But in my dreams, you are mine.

We casually talked.. I tried to act as normal as I can when you're around. Only if you can read my mind or hear my heartbeat. Each time I'm with you, it was so difficult for me to breathe.. thoughts of having you flood my mind. As I fondly say in Tagalog "Suntok sa buwan".... you are way beyond my league.

One night, I was surprised to get a text from you... that started the ball rolling. I guess, seeing me as your friend is better than not having you at all.

There was this one time when you texted me and you were so drunk. You were in so much pain. I wanted to hold you, comfort you... I even wanted to go to you at that time. I wanted to let you know that I'm here to listen... but then again, I wouldn't want you to think that I'm taking advantage of you at the weakest point of your life...

I hoped and I prayed that one day you'll see me differently. It was a long shot. But dreaming is the most logical thing for me at that point. I know... I was aiming for the stars... or so I thought....

I came to realize.. you were not only my ultimate crush... I was... falling for you...

No comments: