Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My Prayers

In my search of my new self. I needed something more than strength. I needed the will to move on. Where else can I find that? Who will I turn to? The answer's there all along... I was never alone. I just needed to recognize and acknowledge that GOD has never left my side.

Here are the prayers I found that helped me through my darkest days....  these are the Prayers of a Broken Heart.




Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You. Allow your healing hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You with all my strength. Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever. Amen.

God of Mercy, I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word. Your word promises that you heal the broken hearted and bind up their wounds. I claim these promises in the name of Jesus.

Though I am sad, I can rejoice in the promises of the glory of God because if God closes a door, he opens a bigger one. If something bad has happened, God will restore me two times what I have lost. If I have to wait, God will give something better.

Thank-you that you are the God who is close to the brokenhearted and you save those who are crushed in spirit. Though I can not see it now, one day I will be so happy that I will not even remember the hurt. I will be able to forget the pain of my trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by.

You are the God, that if another caused my suffering, you will heal me and restore me better off than I was before, whereas the wicked shall fall by calamity. You will help me forgive so I can be free. You will pour love in my heart and I will love again. But if I have caused my own suffering, you will forgive me with the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, and lift me so that I will reap songs of joy.

Help me think of the good things I have received from you. Make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; so that I sing for joy at the works of your hands.

Fill my mind with thoughts of whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let my mind dwell on these things, for you are the God of Peace.

Make me glad for as many days as I have been afflicted, for as many years as I have seen trouble, so that even the years I lost will be restored to me. I will be in awe of your power. I will say to God “You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy”.

In the meantime satisfy me with your unfailing love, that I may sing for joy and be glad knowing your promises of happiness and restoration. Many are the woes of the wicked, but they have no character and no hope. Yet those who trust in the Lord have his unfailing love to surround them in difficult times.
Amen


Father, my heart is broken. I feel like it is in pieces. I need to put my heart into your care. Will you take care of it for me? I want to be able to love again. I don't want to be bitter and brittle.

Jesus, i feel overwhelmed. I can't stand the pressure. It is too much for me. The burden is too heavy. I need you. I need you to carry me through this period of my life. Would you carry me?

Loving God, You know the power of love and how awesome a gift it is. Because i loved ____ and i have lost her, i hurt. Please be with me as i grieve the loss of ____ in my life. Comfort me when places, people, food and activities remind me of her. Be with me.. always. Amen.

I have continuously and religiously prayed this everyday at that time. I was actually looking forward to come home and lock myself up in my room, saying this prayer out loud. Believing in every single word. I knew that one day, I will hurt no more. That one day, I will not even remember the pain, sadness, anger and everything else. 

I was never alone. He held my hand, and comforted me. When I was too weak to even move, He lifted me up and guided me until I was strong enough to walk on my own. 

Never underestimate the power of prayers. This made me stronger. This helped me through it all.

No comments: